If you suddenly find your cannot print or access any of your network settings, it could be because Avast Business CloudCare has found a new network and set your Firewall profile to Public Network.
What is Avast Firewall
Firewall monitors all network traffic between your PC and the outside world to protect you from unauthorized communication and intrusions.
This feature is designed to require minimal input from you, but to ensure you are protected, all you need to do is keep Firewall turned on and, when prompted, select the appropriate Firewall profile for each network that you connect to:
- Private: Must be set to this for your home or work network, especially if you have a network device like a printer you need to access.
- Public: If the network is publicly shared (for example, the network at a cafe or airport), this will block access to a network device like a printer
How to Check the Avast Firewall
1. Open Avast Business CloudCare by clicking on the desktop icon
2. Select Protection on the left menu and then select Firewall
3. Make sure Networks is selected where it should be set to Trusted network
If it says 'Untrusted network', then select SHOW SETTINGS and click on the tab next to 'I trust this network'
If this does not resolve your issue, I would advise to contact your Avast CloudCare support agent.