Avast SecureLine VPN gives you a Virtual Private Network connection to the internet which helps hide your activities from employers, advertisers, governments, or your own ISP snooping on what you do online at the flick of a switch.
It's simple to use, here's some steps on how to start using it.
1. Click on your AVAST SecureLine VPN icon on your desktop or use the search to find it
2. To quickly enable, just click on the button that is currently OFF
You should get a popup notification that 'Your VPN is on. Your online privacy is protected.
3. Avast SecureLine VPN will then hide you behind a virtual IP address, once connected, the button should switch to ON
NOTE: You will then see your virtual IP
4. Due to connecting to a VPN, you could then get an Avast CloudCare Firewall notification
NOTE: It's best to leave on Public Network for added security but if you have trouble printing, it is advised to set this to Private or disconnect from the VPN.
5. To disconnect from the Avast SecureLine VPN, click on the ON button that will then turn off the VPN
You should then get the notification that Your VPN is off. Your Online privacy is not protected.
How to Select the Server Location in Avast SecureLine VPN
If you want to connect to a VPN in a different location (country), it's very simple, just do the following:
1. Click on your AVAST SecureLine icon on your desktop
2. Click on CHANGE
3. You will then see a list of all the locations (countries) world wide that you can connect to with some countries having more than one option available.
Simply click on the country that you want to disguise your location to be and then Avast SecureLine VPN will connect.
4. To disconnect from the Avast SecureLine VPN, click on the ON button that will then turn off the VPN
You should then get the notification that Your VPN is off.