Avast Clear uses a separate window to bypass the normal Avast uninstaller setup.
This ensures Avast removal even if you receive the message that the “setup is already running.”
If you can’t uninstall using the standard method, using this dedicated Avast removal tool ensures that Avast can still be uninstalled.
Here’s how to uninstall Avast on Windows using Avast Clear:
1. Download the avastclear.exe uninstall utility and save it to a familiar folder on your PC (saved to Downloads folder by default).
2. Right-click the file and select Run as administrator, if prompted for permissions, click Yes.
3. You will then be prompted to run the tool from Windows Safe Mode which we recommend to select No, as it still removes Avast 99% of the time with no issues and makes the process easier for you.
NOTE: If you choose No and find this does not work, repeat the process but select Yes and when prompted to restart Windows in Safe Mode.
4. Select the folder containing your Avast program files, and select the Avast Antivirus product you want to uninstall (the location and product are usually detected automatically).
5. Click Uninstall.
6. Restart your computer when prompted.